In today’s day and time, we have a lot going in our life compared to 20 or 30 years ago. Our lives are a lot busier, we juggle many things at the same time and sometimes don’t take enough time to lead a healthy lifestyle.
In order to be able to do many things at the same time and have a healthy and balanced life, you should have healthy meals, drink detox teas and incorporate some green smoothies into your diet.
If you have even an extra 5kg on your body, losing it can make and feel better. You will feel healthier and it can even lower the risk factors for a lot of problems.
There are so many diets and methods telling us how to lose weight so it can be confusing to know which to choose.
Key tips to follow when it comes to detoxing and losing weight are:
- Cut down on portion sizes, use smaller plates and fill it up to give it an illusion of eating a lot.
- Check for any allergies or hidden intolerances, get tests done; blood glucose, gluten and other tests.
- Opt for more salads and vegetables to help fill you up more quickly
- Try to have food of different colours on your plate, this way to can be sure to get your daily fruit and vegetable intake.
- Plan your meals ahead, do the shopping for the week early and jot down the specific meals for each day of the week so you only eat that and not anything unhealthy.
- By having a plan, it will make shopping easier for you. You won’t have to overload and buy unnecessary items apart from what is on the list. You will avoid a lot sugary and salty foods as well.
- Try to have home-cooked meals whenever possible so you know exactly what goes into the meals and you can alter the foods according to your taste.
- If you work and are often working late hours, it can be hard to prep and cook food from home. If eating out if your only option, try to be wise and opt for more salads and protein and reduce your card intake. For liquids, avoid fizzy and sugary drinks and opt for plain water or a freshly squeezed juice.
- Following the above tips can greatly help to reduce any extra weight you might have.
- Obviously it is essential to pair your healthy diet with regular moderate exercise of some form as exercise gives your body the chance to sweat and get rid of any internal toxins, strengthen and tone muscles. This is an important step when it comes to weight loss.
Ultimately going on a weight loss diet is all about what you want to achieve as a person. Some people want to lose weight, others want to maintain a healthy weight while others want to build muscle and tone up.
It is always essential to consult a doctor or trusted medical professional before you go or begin any diet. Some diets might be too extreme so you should never begin without proper supervision.